Student Services | N.S.S.
Nation Service Scheme (NSS)
National service scheme was introduced to mark Mahatma Gandhi birth centenary in 1969 in 37 Universities and 370 colleges to bring youths under an umbrella for the welfare and constructive activities. Gokhale Education Society’s Arts, Commerce and Science College, Jawhar introduced National service in tune with University objectives. The college NSS unit had grown over the years with intake capacity, 80, 100, 150, 200, 250, now has 300 enroll capacity with three units. The unit performs various social welfare activities. The NSS unit provides students the opportunities to develop qualities of leadership, social awareness, AIDS awareness. The unit directs them to undertake activities, projects, awareness programmes. The unit to sensitize the students exposes them various burning issues, social problem and evils. The exposure to the village by seven day residential camps at adopted village organized by the unit. The student volunteer need to complete 120hrs in first year and remaining 120 in second years, at the end awarded a certificate. At the end, the volunteer could get 10 extra marks in their annual mark-sheet.
Objectives of the NSS unit:
• To sensitize students to the social issues like AIDS, Malnutrition, Girl Feticide,
• To expose student volunteers to rural issues, pollution problems,
• To conduct surveys, collect information
• To encourage adult education.
• To conserve environment
• To develop student personality, leadership, stage daring, communication skills.
• To save energy
• To provide platform for other parts of the country to the student volunteers.
• The unit aims to conserve water and inculcate hard work culture among the students.
• To train volunteers in Disaster Management Training.
• To run voter awareness programme by rally, orientation.
• To organize residential camp.
NSS Advisory Committee:
1. Principal : Chairman
2. Ramkrishna Digraskar : Member
3. Prof. G. Y. Shikhare :
4. Dr. Anil N Patil : Member
5. Prof. P. S. Kulkarni : Member
6. Prof. Shailesh T. Bagdane : Member Secretary
7. Prof. Rahul B. Patil : Member
8. Prof. Chetan Pawar : Member
1. Prof. Shailesh T. Bagdane.
2. Prof. Rahul B. Patil
3. Prof. Chetan Pawar
NSS Student Representatives : Each unit has One student Leader appointed by NSS cell of the college every year.
- Organizing Blood Donation camps.
- Disaster Management Programme
- AIDS awareness
- Tree Plantation
- Pulse Polio Drive
- Leadership Training camps
- Exposure camps
- Participation in district level university level camps.
- ‘Avhan’ camp
- Voter awareness, Electoral roll campaign.
- Street play
- Essay, Elocution Competition, poster competition,
- Residential camp
- Youth awareness
- Celebration of Independence Day, Republic Day, NSS Day, 2nd Oct, Cleaning drive
- Orientation Programme
- Road Safety Rally, orientation.